|Soldier of Fortune 2 Dedicated Server for Linux (1.02) - File Download Options
Primary Download Locations:
| || Name: |
| Worldwide Mirror by FileFront |
| || || |
|Soldier of Fortune 2 Dedicated Server for Linux (1.02) - Readme |
| Readme File: |
THIS PATCH IS AN UPGRADE AND IS ONLY FOR 1.01 VERSIONS OF SOLDIER OF FORTUNE II:
This patch will NOT work for the German version or the low-violence Taiwanese version of SoF II!
Approximate Patch Size: 20MB
Last updated: 09/17/02
PunkBuster? Anti-Cheat Software by Even Balance, Inc. is now included:
We are pleased to include PunkBuster Anti-Cheat Software in this code release. PunkBuster is a mandatory
installation for the 1.02 version update. You
Documentation for both Clients and Servers use of PunkBuster can be found in the ?pb? folder of the SoFII
Check out Even Balance on the web at http://www.evenbalance.com/.
Installing 1.02 patch on Linux
To support PunkBuster the Linux binary is no longer compiled statically. What this means is there is now an
additional shared library that needs to be installed on the Linux system for the sof2ded binary to work.
Please see the instructions below on how to make it work.
On your linux box:
-Create a directory for the game. example:
-Copy the linux binary (sof2ded) into this directory
-Mark the file as executable. example:
chmod a+x /usr/local/games/sof2/sof2ded
-Create the 'base' directory. example:
Note, YES, it is case sensitive and the program will look for all lower case
-Copy the files from the base directory of the retail CD into the
base directory you just created. You will need all the .pk3 files (including
musicandsound.pk3, skins.pk3, etc) if you want to run a "pure" server.
be sure to include the update101.pk3 and the update102.pk3 file from this patch.
-Create the directory for Punkbuster:
-Copy the .so files from the pb directory of this patch to the pb directory just created
-Copy the libcxa.so.1 shared library file included in this patch to your lib directory.
For example, put it in the /usr/lib directory
cp libcxa.so /usr/lib/libcxa.so.1
Running the dedicated server
-"cd" into the game directory (cd /usr/local/games/sof2)
-Run the binary. An example is:
./sof2ded +exec server.cfg
This example assumes you have created a configuration file called server.cfg and placed
it into the "base" directory.
By default, the server will run in "internet" play mode and advertise its presense to
the master server. If you wish to have a LAN play only server, change your server
config to set dedicated 1, or change the command line to be:
./sof2ded +set dedicated 1 + exec server.cfg
Misc. notes for Linux
-The game will look in the base directory or home directory of the user running the
-If you set the logfile option to 1, the files will be stored in your user
home directory in ~/.sof2/base/
-To run on freebsd, you need to have linux executable support setup, and at a minimum be
running freebsd 4.0. To launch the executable, you would use the command:
brandelf -t Linux sof2ded
Game types change when calling vote for new map:
When a vote is cast for a map wherein the current game type is not supported, the game type for the map
being voted for will default to Deathmatch. In order to continue playing the previous game type, you must
call a vote for the next map that supports that game type.
MAP LIST GAME TYPES SUPPORTED BY MAP
mp_shop "The Shop Under Siege" DM TDM ELIM INF - -
mp_col1 "Columbian Jungle" DM TDM ELIM INF CTF -
mp_finca "Finca Housewarming" DM TDM - INF - -
mp_hk1 "Hong Kong Hotel" DM TDM ELIM INF - -
mp_hos1 "Hospital Roof" DM TDM - - - -
mp_kam1 "Kamchatka Labs" DM TDM ELIM - - -
mp_kam2 "Jersey Winter Wonderland" DM TDM - - CTF -
mp_pra1 "Prague Streets" DM TDM ELIM - - -
mp_raven "Raven Office" DM TDM ELIM INF - -
mp_air1 "Airport Warehouse" DM TDM ELIM INF CTF DEM
mp_barn "Barn Storm" - - ELIM - - -
mp_hk2 "Hong Kong Streets" DM TDM ELIM INF CTF DEM
mp_kam3 "Kamchatka Factory" DM TDM ELIM INF CTF DEM
mp_col2 "Storming of Columbia" DM TDM ELIM INF CTF DEM
mp_hos2 "Hospital" DM TDM ELIM INF - DEM
mp_pra2 "Prague Street Thrust" DM TDM ELIM INF CTF DEM
mp_kam4 "Kamchatka Thrust" DM TDM ELIM INF CTF DEM
Changes in 1.02:
- Added SIG551 assault rifle to primary weapon list
- Added Silver Talon pistol to the pistol weapon list
- Fire grenades got minor damage increase for fire on ground
- M-60 third-person reload animation now properly timed
- Increased the rate of fire on the M60
- Slight accuracy adjustment on pistols
- All pistols are now single fire but can be fired much faster.
- Should now say "detonated by X's m203" when killed by the m203
- g_availableWeapons cvar no longer modifiable, now controlled through "disable_*" cvars.
- Fixed bug that would cause people to join the game with no weapons
- if crouched when walking over an item it will make no noise when it is picked up
- Crouching in mid air no longer gives accuracy bonus. This means that shooting when jumping will be much more inaccurate as initially intended
- Slight increase to the MP5's accuracy
- M3A1's accuracy has been increased
- With friendly fire off you can no longer kill a teammate with a grenade by changing teams immediately after throwing it.
- Added new Kamchatka map mp_kam4
- Added new Colombia map mp_col2
- Added new hospital map mp_hos2
- Added new Prague map mp_pra2
- Raven map updated to fix the roof bug and the window bug on roof
- RMG infiltration improved to generate better maps more consistently
- Console command 'hash' removed due to its use in cheating
- Added client command "ignore". This allows a client to ignore all chat messages from another client.
- Added server command "mute". This allows a server admin to turn off chat messages for a given client.
- g_forceFollow can now be set to force first person spectating
- Added PunkBuster anti-cheat software
- Removed cvars that were used as exploits in the game
- cl_avidemo now generates TGA files instead of jpeg files.
- Use button will now toggle between first and third person spectating when following someone
- Round timer now starts after the round start delay making each round the total of both numbers
- No longer spawn as a ghost during warm-up if the round has already started
- Can no longer shoot teammates during warm-up even if friendly fire is set to 1
- Can now pick up bomb, case, etc immediately after its dropped when someone dies
- Timelimit will no longer interrupt a round in progress so the last round will always be finished
- Added g_teamkillNoExcuseTime and g_teamkillNoExcuseMultiplier to control the amount of time in the beginning of the round where there is no excuse for team killing. The multiplier controls the amount of tk% given for damage done during the no excuse time.- Team kill damage is now doubled if you kill a teammate carrying the flag, briefcase or bomb
- Should no longer get "server is for low pings only" message when a server has sv_maxping set and is full
- When the counter hits zero on warm-up it should restart quickly rather than the laggy restart it did in the past
- Autojoin should always join the team in need now
- New hud representation of team scores including total and alive player counts
- Loading screen informs you if friendly fire is enabled now
- About box now says whether or not friendly fire is on
- MOTD from master server should now show up in the connect screen
...And many other minor bug fixes...
If you uninstall the game, you may notice remaining files from patch 1.02 and previous patches in the
installed directory. These files can be deleted manually after the uninstall is completed.
Version 1.02 CREDITS:
PROGRAMMING - Bryan Dube, Rick Johnson
LINUX PORT - James Drews
MAP DESIGN -
"mp_hos2" Scott McNutt, Raven
"mp_col2" Threewave Software, Inc.
"mp_pra2" Threewave Software, Inc.
"mp_kam4" Threewave Software, Inc.
Threewave Software, Inc -
Dan 'Scancode' Gold
Michael ' Casey' Goodhead
Michael 'SLUDGE' Labbe
Mathieu 'derean' Rouleau
Maciej 'Renalicious' Kowalski
|Soldier of Fortune 2 Dedicated Server for Linux (1.02) - User Comments
The following comments are owned by the user that posted them. Soldier of Fortune Files is not responsible for their content.
Total comments: 6 | Last comment: 08-25-2007 at 06:16
|Guest (vpn.dianon.com) |
Joined: December 31st, 1969
Joined: September 28th, 2002
| It says that the parimeter is in correct!! |
Joined: September 28th, 2002
|Don't Download from the file front's server download from other people |
Joined: August 25th, 2007
|Good idea i havent even played it so whats the point |
Joined: August 25th, 2007
|It sucks doesnt even work |
|GOODY (Staff) |
Joined: April 24th, 2005
|Well are are you using ver 1.01 of the game ? if not then it wont work like it says in the readme so stop your whining |
When posting comments, you must follow these rules:
The high interactivity of this site should be considered a luxury, not a right. If you cannot follow these simple rules, you can and will be warned or banned from the comments, site or the entire network for any period of time.
- No "Yay I got First Post!" posts, no exceptions and no matter what other content the post has!
- No Pornographic Material. Any sexually oriented imagery or links to such content will not be tolerated.
- No Warez or Illegal Software. This includes linking to software, posting about it, and suggesting to get it.
- No Cursing or Swear words. We encourage you to use our comment sections as a forum to debate files, news, etc., but please use proper adjectives to express yourself. We will not tolerate abuse upon another member or author.
- No Attacks / Retaliation of any kind against a member, or group of members.
- Please do not advertise for other sites or forums here.
- Maximum of 3 smileys per regular member.
Now enjoy yourself and behave!